I am a middle aged lady just trying to serve the Lord to the best of her ability. This blog is a collection of my thoughts, ponderings and a few bible studies.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to visit me.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Search your own heart and show the love of Christ

I had a situation arise this past week, that through me for a loop, but made we realize that I am so very grateful to know God in such an intimate way...So many out there, know "about" God, but do not "know" God and his ways...It seems that as our nation pluments further and further into destruction that people are being carried away by their own selfishness and have somehow defined in their own minds God character and how he would treat people...Jesus never one time ripped people apart or tore them down for no reason other than to show their 'power'...Jesus was kind and gentle, yet firm and stood fast to what his Father in heaven has shown him...yet he did not possess a spirit haughtiness like we see in today's so-called Christians...The church is failing in the area of teaching about Jesus' character....Somewhere along the way people have decided that they are judge and jury and because they call themselves Christians they have the right to be mean, harsh, judgemental and critical of those around them...They have a spirit of pride...Proverbs 16:18 says "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18" KJV.... This is a scary place to be in our spiritual walk...We should daily pray for the holy spirit to check us and make sure we do not fall into satan's snares with our attitude...It is easy to do. But when dealing with others we must be careful what we say and how we say it, we may very well make the difference if someone is saved or lost....


We always need to remember this.. Proverbs 15:1-2  A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. 2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

I always try to remember I(my life) may be the only bible some ever read....What I say is not as important as what I do in my daily life...however; on the internet all of our words need to reflect our heart...I see so many blogs that  post little quotes or graphics that are cute, but their words to others really reflect their heart and it is not pure...they always feel others are out to get them and are on the defense anytime someone questions them about why they do what they do or believe what they believe, or they refuse to post certain comments etc......we should always see this as an opportunity to witness the word to others, not go on the defense and be hateful or try to control others....There are times when it is best to simply ignore the offender when there is danger(as in what happened to me) However I am praying for this person, he needs prayer....I think the Holy spirit will show us when we need to ignore an offender or when we can use the situation to show the love of Christ....If we are in danger we need to ignore the person...

I am glad I faced what I faced this week with someone that claims to be full of wisdom and maturity, but in reality is just hiding behind the title Christian and wants nothing more than to control and manipulate others....It has made me search my own heart, motives and relationship with Christ...I have dug into the word and prayed in earnest....

So the next time you are faced with someone that is less than kind and even judgemental...pray for that person in earnest, take that opportunity to show the love of Christ, no matter how hard it is...YOU will be the one blessed!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment